Policies and Guidelines
The goal of our swim school is to provide our students with safe, effective, and fun swim lessons. We have developed our programs to ensure that each child is provided with an environment that is comfortable and conducive to learning. Please adhere to the following list of guidelines and assist in your child’s success:
- Njswim’s classes are one half-hour long, once per week, unless otherwise noted.
- All students will be evaluated prior to a session and placed in a class that is appropriate for his or her swim level. Swim levels may change over time and class times may need to be adjusted accordingly.
- In the event that a teacher cannot make a scheduled class, a substitute teacher will teach the class. Classes canceled due to weather conditions or facility closings will be rescheduled by the Njswim office accordingly.
- Your family will have a reserved time slot for a weekly swim lesson. It is your responsibility to attend each scheduled class.
- Classes will begin promptly at the time scheduled. Please arrive on time and be ready to swim when your scheduled class begins.
- Instructional swim apparatus will be provided. Please do not bring floatation devices or toys to the sessions.
- Please prepare your child and have him/her ready with their bathing suit on under their clothes when you come to the pool.
- To eliminate distractions and ensure maximum results during their session, we ask that parents remain in the viewing area during their child’s class.
- A parent or caretaker is responsible for the supervision of their swimmers, and non-swimmers before and after classes.
- Parents must remain in the building at all times during lessons.
General Pool Rules
- Food and drink are not allowed on the pool deck due to State Health Code Regulations (baby bottles and sippy cups are permitted).
- Program participants must wear appropriate swimming attire.
- There is no running on the pool deck.
- Parents must supervise their children at all times. Do not allow siblings to run and horseplay on the pool deck.
- No Strollers are allowed on the pool deck. Please park them in the lobby.
- Warren – Building opens for Njswim participants promptly at 3:45pm and closes promptly at 7:15pm.
Swim Diaper Policy
For the safety and health of your children and our teachers all students under the age of 3 are REQUIRED to wear a reusable cloth swim diaper, even those who are potty-trained. Swim diapers need to have tight fitting elastic legs and waist. They are available for purchase at all of our locations. We do allow disposable swim diapers in the pool under the cloth diaper if you choose to “double diaper”.
Tuition is charged every four (4) weeks, automatically by credit card. Please click on the button below to view our billing calendar.
We are only offering makeup lessons if your child misses a class due to illness or injury. If your child will be absent, please contact us:
BCC: (973) 377-7793 or Email
WA: (973) 635-7946 or Email
SP: (973) 726-7226 or Email
LAK: (973) 770-7946 or Email
TAC: (732) 292-4368 or Email
In addition to your notification, we will be taking attendance daily.
You are able to cancel your child’s swim lessons for any reason by giving us 30 days notice prior to the upcoming billing date and filling out a cancellation form which can be found in the Njswim office.
Our yearly calendar, which is posted on the website, indicates the last day in each month that you are able to notify us of your intention to cancel for the following month.
If you have any questions regarding when you need to give us notice, please refer to this calendar.
Member Referral Program
Any active Njswim family who refers a new member who enrolls in a class will receive a $25 credit on your account for each new family who joins.
Credit may be applied toward future lessons or merchandise.